I am humbled to have been nominated by two bloggers for two awards! I am excited to pass them on to other bloggers who continue to inspire and encourage me through their exceptional writing!
The first is the Sunshine Award. This lovely award was given to me by January who blogs at
She is a fabulous writer who writes about her faith with honesty from her heart! Thanks, January, for the nomination!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award badge in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Who would play you if your life were made into a movie? I would have to say Claire Danes. I loved her in the show “My So Called Life” and used to color my hair that same shade of red. She was great at playing the angst-ridden teen… everything about her in the show reminded me of myself.
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel? I was born in Germany and have always wanted to visit my birthplace.
3. What is the best thing about blogging? Definitely meeting so many inspiring bloggers! And learning how to be more proficient at using a computer… I am soo not tech savvy
4. What is your secret indulgence? I don’t have too many secrets… ice cream and thrift-store shopping
5. If someone handed you $1,000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? I’m pretty practical… I desperately need a new mattress!
6. What do you never leave home without? my cell phone
7. What is your favorite meal of the day? breakfast- love my coffee and cereal!
8. What makes you laugh? I laugh at myself all the time… I can say and do the stupidest things!
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? I adore Francesca Battestelli’s music and would love to have dinner with her
10. What was the last thing you googled? honestly? It was how to cut and paste these awards into my blog post!!
I received the second nomination for the Inner Peace Award by Ellie who blogs at
Ellie is a wonderful writer who shares biblical insight about nutrition and health. I have learned so much by reading her blog! Thanks for the nomination, Ellie!
The only ‘rule’ for the Inner Peace Award is that you write a short piece on why you are accepting it.
After years of turning to food for happiness and struggling with my weight, I am thankful to be at peace and have balance in my life. I have found peace in Christ. I struggled for years and lost 100 lbs before I had my first daughter. I am not as thin as I once was before I had my girls, but I am thankful to be healthy. After years of focusing on what I was eating, it is pure joy to focus on my walk with the Lord. Putting Him first in my life has brought me more peace than I could have ever dreamed of!
Those who love your law have great peace and do not stumble.- Psalm 119:165
Then write 10 interesting things about you. Here’s mine:
1. I wanted to be a reporter when I was in elementary school.
2. I love, love, love jeans!
3. I love music… there is always a song running through my mind!
4. I do not like (most) movies
5. I love painting
6. I used to teach aerobics
7. I wanted two daughters…. and He blessed me with them
8. I met my husband when I was 16 and we’ve been married for almost 17 years!
9. I do not like mayonnaise
10. I once accidentally dyed my hair green in high school
Here are my nominees. Please accept both awards, or if you have already received one- accept the one you do not have. I am so thankful to be part of a wonderfully supportive blogging community! Thank you to these nominees for inspiring me with your blogs!